Our vision is to prepare pupils for a safe happy and productive adult life, so careers information, advice and guidance is an important focus for pupils at Iford Academy.
Meet the Careers Information, Advice & Guidance team.
M Bradnam – CIAG support I Smith – CIAG lead
The Iford Academy curriculum content highlights real life application of subjects being taught to Careers and life skills. This is particularly evident in the close links to the content of our Personal Development lessons.
Linking careers to learning features across our curriculum subjects along side our careers strategy.
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a key part of the Government’s careers strategy for schools
The Gatsby Benchmarks have a key role in:
- raising young people’s aspirations and promoting access to all career pathways;
- enabling all young people to develop the skills and outlook they need to achieve career wellbeing, including adaptability and resilience;
- underpinning the Department for Education guidance to schools on meeting their statutory responsibility for careers guidance.
We pride our selves on forging robust and meaningful partnerships within our local community and beyond to ensure that every student has access to a full range of options.
- Careers and Enterprise Company
- Dorset Careers Hub
- Bournemouth University
- Arts University Bournemouth
- AFCB Community Trust
- ASK – Amazing Apprenticeships
- Highmead Farm
- Irwin Edgehill training
Other Websites, Labour Market Information and support;